Injured in a car, bike, or motorcycle accident? You may be entitled to money with a personal injury claim.
Motor vehicle accidents happen every day. Many of these victims suffer painful injuries, trauma, time off work and medical and other unexpected expenses. In these instances, it makes sense for personal injury victims to explore their rights to financial compensation. Insurance companies are notoriously unwilling to pay fair amounts for personal injury claims, so you should seek professional help to deal with the complexities of asserting your right to compensation.
Here are some things to keep in mind regarding your personal injury rights from an auto accident:
- You can recover for lost wages and medical bills under your own auto policy.
- You may be able to obtain additional money for pain and suffering under your own insurance policy.
- If the other party is at fault you can make a claim against his/her insurance company.
- You may need a lawyer to help you prove that the other party was at fault.
- You are entitled to make a claim against the person who caused you injury in an auto accident if you have a broken bone, serious permanent disfigurement, or have at least $2,000 in medical expenses.
- Other types of accidents do not have these limitations.
O’Connor and Ryan attorneys have recovered millions of dollars for people injured in accidents of all types over the past forty years. Our experienced attorneys will make sure you get the compensation you are entitled to. If you have been injured in an accident contact us at O’Connor and Ryan, P.C., for a full review of your case and an explanation of all of your rights.